Enjoy Hours of Classic Family Fun with these Greatest Old-Time Radio Broadcasts on Re-mastered Audio Compact Discs. Experience first hand the suspense, the mystery and the laughs that radio listeners enjoyed 70 years ago.
From roughly 1928 through 1950, nightly radio broadcasts brought America together by providing family entertainment, news and music programming. The radio stations banded together to form programmingnetworks that became the foundation of today's television networks. The radio programs created genres for situation comedy, detective mystery, suspense and variety which became the foundation for today's television categories.
These radio programs have survived the test of time and have become affectionately known as Old Time Radio. We carry the best selection of professionally remastered, collector sets of Old Time Radio on Compact Discs and Cassette Tapes. These make excellent gifts or collectors items.
Old Time Radio Shows
- Abbott and Costello : Every week 20 million listeners tuned in to catch the verbal antics of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello-two former vaudevillians who took rapid-fire repartee to a new level.
- Amos and Andy : Tune in to hear radio's Amos 'N' Andy, the most popular radio series of all time.
- Baby Snooks : Meet Ziegfield Follies superstar Fanny Brice in the hysterical role that endeared her to millions.
- Fibber McGee and Molly : When was the last time you visited 79 Wistful Vista -- the home of Fibber McGee and Molly?
- Inner Sanctum : "Greetings, friends of the Inner Sanctum. This is your host, welcoming you through the squeaking door for another half hour of horror."
- Jack Benny : For more than 20 years, Jack Benny reigned as the king of radio comedy. How he turned a self-absorbed cheapskate into a beloved icon ranks among the great achievements in entertainment history.
- The Shadow : "Never seen, only heard - as a haunting to superstitious minds as a ghost, as inevitable as a guilty conscience..."
- War of the Worlds : Starring Orson Welles in the most famous radio broadcast of all time that sent the country into a frenzy and a panic.
Old Time Radio Comedy Shows
- Baby Snooks: Why, Daddy? by Fanny Brice
- Fibber McGee and Molly: Wistful Vista (10 CDs) by Fibber McGee and Molly
- Jack Benny Maestro 10 CDs by Jack Benny
- Jack Benny Neighbors 8 CDs by Jack Benny
- The Aldrich Family
- The Feud: Jack Benny vs. Fred Allen (10 CDs) by Jack Benny
Old Time Radio Detective Shows
- Green Hornet: Spies and Rackets: 10 Hours on 10 CDs by The Green Hornet
- Green Hornet: The Biggest Game: 10 Hours on 10 CDs by The Green Hornet
- Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar (6 CDs)
Old Time Radio Horror Shows
- Dark Fantasy: Adventures in the Supernatural (10 CDS)
- Lights Out Everybody (10 CDS) by Arch Oboler
- The Witch's Tale: 10 CDs by Alonzo Dean Cole
Old Time Radio Mystery Shows
- Mysterious Traveler: Dark Destiny: 10 CDs by Mysterious Traveler
- The Shadow Bitter Fruit (9 CDs) by The Shadow
- The Shadow Radio Treasures (9 CDs) by The Shadow
- The Shadow: Knight of Darkness (9 CDs) by The Shadow
- The Shadow: Strange Puzzles (9 CDs) by The Shadow
- The Whistler: Voices (10 CDs) by The Whistler