In a naval escapade spanning coastal California to the Panama Canal, Operator 5 tackles a most cunning adversary--Chief secret agent of the Yellow Empire, Kara Vizna, the most dangerous, and most beautiful, secret agent alive.
The Asian Pacific Empire has demanded the surrender of the U.S. Pacific Fleets. Strike first and declare war afterward is their devilish strategy--counterfeiting American vessels to make it seem that the U.S. has instigated the attacks. Only Jimmy Christopher, known in the Intelligence department as Operator 5, has the wherewithal to defeat this devious reign of terror.
Jimmy Christopher smiled slowly. "An excellent disguise; I compliment you. You might have slipped past me, except for one thing--one thing that tells me you're not a man at all. And since you're not a man, you're Kara Vizna."
The dark eyes, no longer lusterless, flashed. "I do not understand," the brown lips mumbled again.
"You are wearing, you see," Jimmy Christopher pointed out, "a double-breasted top-coat. It is buttoned from right to left. Women button their coats in that direction, Kara Vizna, but not men. A slight mistake--but it gave you away."
Now the dark eyes glittered malevolently. The little passenger straightened; and when the lips moved again there was no accent in the spoken words. "That is very clever of you--Operator 5."
Carl Elliot blurted: "Good Lord! It is she!"
Jimmy Christopher smiled. "I've heard that you are very beautiful," he said. "I'm glad that you've disguised it so completely, for then the job might be harder than it is. I don't like to think of what will happen to you, Kara Vizna, if war is declared between your country and mine."
"Very clever of you, Operator 5," the woman's throaty voice came again, "but not quite clever enough." One small, brown hand flashed upward from the pocket of the top-coat. Jimmy Christopher moved quickly to grasp it; but his move was not swift enough. From Kara Vizna's brown fingers a small, glistening sphere flew. It crashed against the wall and splattered liquid that instantly changed into a heavy white gas.
Format: Electronic PDF File
First Published: 1934
All products are new condition unless noted otherwise.
Shipping is Only $8.95 PER ORDER for U.S. destinations.
Click here for more from Operator 5
More from Curtis Steele
- Available in Audio Compact Disc
- Audio Book: Operator 5: The Masked Invasion (Audio CDs)
- Available in Electronic PDF File
- Attack of the Blizzard Men
- Blood Reign of the Dictators
- Cavern of the Damned
- Invasion of the Dark Legions
- League of War Monsters
- Master of Broken Men
- Operator 5: Army of the Dead
- Operator 5: Legions of Starvation
- Operator 5: Legions of the Death Master
- Operator 5: Raiders of the Red Death
- Operator 5: The Masked Invasion
- Operator 5: The Suicide Battalion
- Revolt of the Devil Men
- The Green Death Mists
- The Invisible Empire
- The Melting Death
- The Red Invaders
- War Masters of the Orient
- Available in Paperback
- Blood Reign of the Dictator
- Operator 5: Invasion of the Crimson Death Cult: Reprint
- Operator 5: Invasion of the Dark Legions
- Operator 5: Libertys Suicide Legions
- Operator 5: The Army of the Dead: Reprint
- Operator 5: Winged Hordes of the Yellow Vulture
- Revolt of the Devil Men
- Available in Pulp Replica
- Replica: Operator 5: Americas Plague Battalions: Dec 1936
- Replica: Operator 5: Army of the Dead ( March 1935 )
- Replica: Operator 5: Army Without a Country (Sept-Oct)
- Replica: Operator 5: Hosts of the Flaming Death: Aug 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: Invasion of the Crimson Death Cult: Sept. 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: League of War Monsters (Feb. 1935)
- Replica: Operator 5: March of the Flame Marauders: April 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: Rockets From Hell: Feb. 1936
- Replica: Operator 5: Scourge of the Invisible Death: Nov. 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: The Invisible Empire May 1934
- Replica: Operator 5: The Red Invaders (Jan. 1935)
- Replica: Operator 5: The Yellow Scourge June 1934
- Replica: Operator 5: War Masters From The Orient March 1936