An entire country transfixed--drawn by an intoxicating power to hurl themselves toward destruction. Beneath the Earth, in flaming furnaces of mystical power, lay Operator 5's future. Will he risk his life--let alone betray the orders of the United States Intelligence Service--in order to dilute this devilish cult of death? Can Jimmy Christopher, with the aid of his loyal pal, Tim Donovan, defy temptation and meet this leprous annihilation head on?
Steele's Operator 5 adventure has the entire Agency hypnotized--held in the grips of Zaavian cultists. Against Z-7's orders, Jimmy Christopher will risk dying for his country. Can this spell be broken through this journey into the Cavern of the Damned?
TRAITOR! The word swayed Jimmy Christopher like a blow. He drew up straight, his chin lifted, his eyes brightly defiant. And that penalty, Operator 5 knew, was death. He leaned forward slowly. He placed both palms on the desk--hands that were suddenly cold and numb. He looked straight into the savage eyes of Z-7.
"I still consider you my chief, Z-7. I still consider myself a member of the United States Intelligence Service. I still consider myself bound by the oath I have taken to serve my country, and I will uphold that vow as long as I live. Nothing--not even you, Chief, can stop me."
He turned slowly. He reached for the knob of the door. He was twisting it when Z-7's voice snapped again.
"Operator 5! I've declared you under arrest! If you leave this room I'll have you hunted like a criminal! I'll have you seized--imprisoned! I'll treat you like any traitorous--"
Operator 5 looked back. The steely glint in his eyes silenced Z-7's rushing words. He spoke again, quietly, firmly.
"I--a traitor! This is not you speaking, Z-7. It is the voice of Zaava!"
Format: Electronic PDF File
First Published: 1934
All products are new condition unless noted otherwise.
Shipping is Only $8.95 PER ORDER for U.S. destinations.
Click here for more from Operator 5
More from Curtis Steele
- Available in Audio Compact Disc
- Audio Book: Operator 5: The Masked Invasion (Audio CDs)
- Available in Electronic PDF File
- Attack of the Blizzard Men
- Blood Reign of the Dictators
- Invasion of the Dark Legions
- League of War Monsters
- Master of Broken Men
- Operator 5: Army of the Dead
- Operator 5: Legions of Starvation
- Operator 5: Legions of the Death Master
- Operator 5: Raiders of the Red Death
- Operator 5: The Masked Invasion
- Operator 5: The Suicide Battalion
- Operator 5: The Yellow Scourge
- Revolt of the Devil Men
- The Green Death Mists
- The Invisible Empire
- The Melting Death
- The Red Invaders
- War Masters of the Orient
- Available in Paperback
- Blood Reign of the Dictator
- Operator 5: Invasion of the Crimson Death Cult: Reprint
- Operator 5: Invasion of the Dark Legions
- Operator 5: Libertys Suicide Legions
- Operator 5: The Army of the Dead: Reprint
- Operator 5: Winged Hordes of the Yellow Vulture
- Revolt of the Devil Men
- Available in Pulp Replica
- Operator 5: Legions of Starvation (Dec. 1934)
- Replica: Operator 5: Americas Plague Battalions: Dec 1936
- Replica: Operator 5: Army of the Dead ( March 1935 )
- Replica: Operator 5: Army Without a Country (Sept-Oct)
- Replica: Operator 5: Hosts of the Flaming Death: Aug 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: Invasion of the Crimson Death Cult: Sept. 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: League of War Monsters (Feb. 1935)
- Replica: Operator 5: March of the Flame Marauders: April 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: Rockets From Hell: Feb. 1936
- Replica: Operator 5: Scourge of the Invisible Death: Nov. 1935
- Replica: Operator 5: The Invisible Empire May 1934
- Replica: Operator 5: The Red Invaders (Jan. 1935)
- Replica: Operator 5: The Siege That Brought The Black Death (Mar-Apr)
- Replica: Operator 5: The Yellow Scourge June 1934
- Replica: Operator 5: War Masters From The Orient March 1936